Last week we covered ways to make the experience of home repairs more enjoyable for your repairman, and here’s a quick reminder in case you forgot:
- A cup of tea. A cup of tea is a great way to have something ready for your repairman and it will bring a smile to his face and warm him up as it’s probably cold outside and he had to deal with a bunch of jerks today already.
- Scented candle, put it in the bathroom (or wherever around the house that he’s going to be working/focusing) and it will make him feel great. Some best choices are tropical because it will remind him of his timeshare in the islands.
- Be courteous! This one isn’t hard. Ask him how is day is going, and listen to him when he talks about what he did that day already. Be engaged, make eye contact, smile, and have fun!
- Have tools ready. Lots of times repairmen won’t have some of the necessary tools. Always have a screwdriver (phillips and flathead are good) and a couple wrenches around in case he needs a hand. You may just learn something!
- Tip. Give him a tip, a couple dollars go a long way in this profession and he’ll be really happy to help and he’ll do an even better job this way!
Today we have the conclusion of my story about the local repairman who came by SWG headquarters to lend us a hand. This time, he came back with a friend to finish the job and I’m happy to report that the pipes are unclogged and things are flowing properly thanks to my repairmen. Watch them in action below:
So what did I do to make a better experience? Followed the rules of course! I had a few candles glowing in different “hot zones” throughout the house (bathroom/kitchen/living room) to make the experience better. I had tools ready at hand and I had them ready to go when the repairmen called on me. I gave him the Irish breakfast tea and gave them a tip to help them out. They told me an anecdote about winning $12k last week at Twin River casino and they’re going back again to win some more, so that’s great. My tip may be their big winner.
Did any of you have good repairmen come by recently? Did my tips help you out? Sound off below!!by