Repairman. That one little word can send homeowners into a deep depression, with floating thought bubbles filled with dollar signs floating above their heads. Who said you had to call this guy anyways, right? But guess what, it’s just the cost of doing business, and everyone needs to do it. Sometimes you have a crack that needs filling, or your washing machine is on the fritz, so you call up your local repairman.
Here at SWG headquarters, we recently had to call a repairman too, and it was for a different reason: our drains were clogged. So it got us thinking, what can we do to make the experience better for the repair man? Here’s a video we made and then below you’ll find tips to make the experience great for him as well:
Here are some helpful tips to make it better for him:
- A cup of tea. A cup of tea is a great way to have something ready for your repairman and it will bring a smile to his face and warm him up as it’s probably cold outside and he had to deal with a bunch of jerks today already.
- Scented candle, put it in the bathroom (or wherever around the house that he’s going to be working/focusing) and it will make him feel great. Some best choices are tropical because it will remind him of his timeshare in the islands.
- Be courteous! This one isn’t hard. Ask him how is day is going, and listen to him when he talks about what he did that day already. Be engaged, make eye contact, smile, and have fun!
- Have tools ready. Lots of times repairmen won’t have some of the necessary tools. Always have a screwdriver (phillips and flathead are good) and a couple wrenches around in case he needs a hand. You may just learn something!
- Tip. Give him a tip, a couple dollars go a long way in this profession and he’ll be really happy to help and he’ll do an even better job this way!
That’s all for now guys. Got any tips of your own? As always, SOUND OFF BELOW!!by